1. Double click an item to select.
2. A SELECT statement in its simplest form is SELECT * FROM RACERESULTS (select all fields from the RaceResults table).
3. To SELECT a subset of the fields, use SELECT field01, field02, field03, ..... FROM RACERESULTS.
4. The FROM RACERESULTS is always required.
5. To close this window, point anywhere outside the
list box and click.
2. A WHERE statement filters out unwanted records (important since the GWTC database contains approximately 250,000 records).
3. All parameters in a WHERE statement must be enclosed in matching single or double quotes (most common error).
4. Parentheses are used to assure AND/OR logic statements are correctly interpreted by MYSQL.
2. An ORDER BY statement is simply a list of VALID fieldnames separated by commas.
3. The purpose of the ORDER BY statement is to return a recordset in an order useful to the user.
4. The sort order is usually related to the WHERE statement but is not a requirement.
Contact us for SQL support or additions/corrections to the database.
Gulf Winds Track Club, P.O. Box 3447, Tallahassee, FL 32315