Gulf Winds Track Club (GWTC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose members include runners, walkers, swimmers and cyclists of all speeds and levels of ability and training, whether they participate for education, competition, fitness, health or personal social enjoyment.
The club encourages health and fitness by providing group runs, training, race events, education and funding to grow the running and triathlete community. We maintain a family atmosphere, both in being like family to each other and keeping most, if not all, events family friendly by including fun events for kids.
GWTC’s newsletter, social meetings, media communications and a variety of lecture events inform members of local and regional events and foster the exchange of information about the benefits of running, biking, swimming and having an active lifestyle.
Memberships help maintain the Club as the backbone of Tallahassee’s running community for a very small fee per member.
- $20 for individual memberships
- $35 for Gulf Winds Triathletes individual memberships (includes GWTC)
- $25 family memberships
- $50 Gulf Winds Triathletes family memberships (includes GWTC)
As a GWTC member, you will be part of an amazing community that makes running fun and provides great opportunities for group runs, races, social events, volunteerism and supporting local running:
- More than 20 racing events with a variety of distances and terrains
- Weekly and seasonal group runs and training events for every level of runner
- The Grand Prix competitive race series, which ranks club members in overall categories and within age brackets
- An annual awards program to recognize those who have excelled in Club volunteer service and Grand Prix competitions
- Lecture and learning events
- Family-friendly socials
- The Fleet Foot monthly newsletter
- A comprehensive website and mobile app with running-related information, race results, and a local race calendar
- Year-round youth running groups (SMIRFs and Striders)
- Annual grants for school running programs
- Chenoweth Fund grants and awards that recognize and assist local runners and cross country/track teams with travel, equipment, and training expenses
- Technical training and support for other local groups (including schools and other nonprofit entities) hosting fundraising races
- Race equipment rentals
- Race course measuring and certification