Ricardo Estremera Earns the Bonus
Lake Jillian on Old Centerville Road
The Woodstorks Plot How to Win the 30K
No worries they are they are in our line of sight (Photo by Fred Deckert).
Yes, It is a Youth Movement
Battles at the ARP - From Herb Wills
GWTC is about friends, family and good health!
On the Run - The Gadsden Correctional Facility Running Club Takes Off
- FSU Cross Country Invite
- Turkey Trot Training Group Started October 3
- Turkey Trot Striders Training Group – Tuesdays at 5:30 @ Maclay Track & Thursdays at 5:45 at Forest Meadows
- Beginning Running Group Starts September 25
- Grand Prix Standings through Pine Run 20K
- GWTC 10K Series Schedule and Standings – 2019
- Grand Prix Race Schedule – 2020
- Turkey Trot – November 28
- Turkey Trot Team Entry Form
- Deadline for Annual Awards Nomination , December 1 – Nomination Form
- GWTC 5 & 10 Mile Challenge December 7
- GWTC Annual Meeting, Momo’s Market Street, December 8, 5:30 p.m.
- Save the Date – Holiday Party at Shiloh Farms December 14. Details TBA
- Save the Date – Annual Awards Ceremony, Goodwood Museum, January 12
- Runners Battle for State titles at the ARP
- Masters Runners Duane Evans and Loranne Ausley Give Lessons at Race for Pace
- Allen and Centner Top Sickle Cell Crowd (Herb)
- Tallahassee’s top 5K road times in 2019 (through August 23) (Herb)
- Pierre Pean and Ann Centner lead the mob at the Madness (Herb)
- Adam Wallenfelsz and Ann Centner start the day with Breakfast on the Track wins (Herb)
- Tristan LaNasa and Vicky Droze win a warm-weather mile at the Tally Mac Road Mile (Herb)
- Micheal Niezgoda and Ann Centner provided the fireworks at the Firecracker 5K (Herb)
- Zach DeVeau and Rachel Durbin stumble but don’t tumble at Red Bug Trail (Herb)
Sweet, juicy victory for Scott Lloyd and Alyssa Terry at the Melon Run (Herb)
- Potluck was good luck for Charlie Johnson and Ann Centner (Herb)
- Myles Gibson and Brittney Barnes win one under the lights at Run 2-1-1
- Mom and Dad Run Away with Marzuq 5K Wins
- The Nesmith Way 5K
- Charlie Johnson and Amanda Sava each collect a second Tails & Trails title
- Nene Fest Gets Herb’s attention
- Tallahassee’s top 10K road times in 2019 (through March 30, 2019)
- Check the Racing News Index for more
- Race 4 Readiness
- UPLIFT Run for the Children of Hope
- Rex Cleveland Magic! Mile
- Boston GA Mini Marathon
- Marching Chiefs 5K
- Trash Dash 5K
- NJCAA Region 8 XC National Qualifier
- Pine Run 20K
- Dr. Eric Dueno Memorial 10K & 5K
- FSU Family Weekend 5K Fun Run
- Salute to Steve Prefontaine 5K Forest Run
- Live Better 5K Pink Run
- Women’s Distance Festival
- Gadsden Correctional Facility Fall 5K
- Run/Walk for Sickle Cell Anemia
- Race for Trace 5K
- Tutus and Tennis Shoes 5K, Thomasville
- Bluebird Run for Brookie B
- Summer Trail Series Maclay Gardens State Park
- Miller Landing Madness
- More Race Results
- Race Results Search
- And neither would Herb – WDF
- Now you know Fred would not miss the WDF
- Fred was at the Run/Walk for Sickle Cell Anemia, September 14, 2019
- Herb is on the spot for Everhart Middle School Cross Country Invitational (Boys)
- And the Girls
- Fred finds the Race for Trace 5K and One Mile Races (September 7, 2019)
- Fred’s Labor Day Photos – The Bluebird Run for Brookie B, September 2
- See what Herb’s Lens saw at Bluebird
- Bluebird Run Photos from Katie Clark, September 2, 2019
GWTC – What We’re About
Youth Running in the Big Bend
School Running Grant Program
School Running Grant Program
Welcome to Gulf Winds Track Club! Don’t let the name fool you – GWTC is about promoting and supporting running on the track, on the roads and on the trails.
GWTC Volunteer Spotlight
It has been said that in most non-profit organizations 10% of the members do 90% of the work. GWTC, though a not-for-profit entity, has historically been made up of a large number of individuals who have given much back to the club and the sport that has added so much to their lives.
There is simply no disputing that GWTC ceases to exist if its volunteers suddenly disappeared. Fortunately, that is not going to happen. But there is always a need for new volunteers. Yes, it is work, but it is also very rewarding. This feature, Volunteer Spotlight, will tell the volunteer story. Our focus will be on members who volunteer but do not get a lot of recognition. Without these volunteers, things start falling apart very quickly.
Gulf Winds Track Club continues to be volunteer-driven and volunteer-needy.
Volunteer Spotlight - Pat DuganTell us briefly about your running experience. I’ve been running for a little over 40 years. My fast days are long over but I continue to run/walk for fitness and the social aspects related to spending time with so many great...
Volunteer Spotlight - Tarik Noriega Tell us briefly about your running experience. I am mostly a sprinter, but also enjoy the challenge of any race up to a 5K. Are you a member of GWTC? How long? Yes, 13 years. You were out at Miller Landing Madness...
Jean Bowling joined Gulf Winds Track Club in 1979 after moving here from Montreal, Canada. She consistently placed in her grand prix age groups, the 50s, from 1988 to 1994, and still gave her competitors a run for their money for some years after that...
Try as he might, Tom Scott cannot get race directors to let him do anything but take photos of the runners. That’s probably because he is a Photographer Extraordinaire, catching us at our best, worst and most triumphant moments.Tom is a longtime runner and...
Modesty is a common character trait that I encounter each and every time I approach a potential “Spotlight” volunteer. As you will read, Mark Priddy is no exception to that rule. Read on, and if it’s been a while since you’ve volunteered at a race or if...
Whether it’s running or scoring, Jay Wallace is a “quick” study!This month’s featured volunteer took on the task of learning the Club’s scoring system to provide results for last month’s multi-distance cross country event: Miccosukee Madness 3K/5K/8K. Even...
Volunteerism is a very personal thing. Some people love to jump in with both feet and fill every spare moment; others prefer to dip their toes in and test the water gradually with smaller jobs of a more finite nature. Both types of volunteer spirit are...
This month’s “Spotlight” shines on Peg Griffin, an outstanding runner and volunteer who spends about as much time on club business as she would a full time job. If you have ever wondered where the results of that last race you ran came from or how they...
“What made me want to volunteer was the great feeling I had at my first 1/2 marathon at Disney and seeing all those volunteers cheer me on,” says Terry Massa, who since 2005 has volunteered in more than 19 GWTC events, including directing her own...
GWTC cannot survive without the efforts of hundreds of volunteers. In a new feature the webmonster plans to shine a little light on some of those volunteers in hopes that it will convince you to be an active volunteer!Tim Brewton, February 15, 2007The...
Like Us On Facebook