GWTC Extreme Challenge
Gulf Winds Track Club offers a full calendar of running events, various distances and running surfaces. In addition to the Summer Track series, the Club sponsors over 20 events throughout the year. Many of these events offer races of multiple distances. The Extreme Challenge is a boot camp only for those who have the physical and mental training to compete and finish.
Few meet the challenge. It will require you to carefully plan, train, and utilize your decision-making skills. To qualify, you must run all GWTC Club races within the same calendar year. If a Club race offers several distance events, you must complete the longest distance event presented at that race. You must complete the event within the race director’s established time limit.
No one finished the first two races of the 2019 Challenge; therefore, no one remains eligible to complete the 2019 Challenge.
Current GWTC Club races and the distance you must complete in that event:
- 50K Swamp Forest Trail Marathon January
- 5K Bowlegs 5k January
- 30k GWTC 15k/30k January
- 42K Tallahassee Marathon/Half Marathon February
- 12k Flash 12k/6k February
- 10k Springtime 10k/5k/1M Mar/Apr
- 5k Palace Saloon 5k April
- * Summer Trail Series: Cadillac (5.5M), Old Hammock (5M), Coon Bottom (4.5M), Redbug (4.5M) May, June, July, August (trails/distances subject to change annually).
- 4M Potluck Bash 4 Mile June
- 1M Breakfast on the Track 1 Mile August
- 8k Madness at Miller Landing 8k/5k/3k August
- 5k Sickle Cell September
- 5k Prefontaine 5k September
- 5k Women’s Distance Festival 5k/1M September
- 20k Pine Run 20k October
- 1M Rex Cleveland Magic Mile November
- 15k Turkey Trot 1M/15k/10k/5k November
- 10M Tallahassee 10M/5M Challenge December
- 50M Tallahassee Ultra 50k/50M December
- 6k Tannenbaum Trail 6k December
If you meet the challenge, you will be handsomely rewarded. Awards will be unique, because few are tough enough to conquer the challenge. You will register for each individual GWTC race. We will monitor and track your progress.
Contact Race Coordinator, Mark Tombrink (email@example.com) with your questions.
- 2019 Finishers – After 2 races – there no eligible runners left.
- 2018 Finisher – Mark Tombrink
- 2017 Finishers- No One
- 2016 Finishers- Mark Tombrink
- 2015 Finishers- Joel Piotrowski, Zack Scharlepp, Emma Spencer, Mark Tombrink