GULF WINDS TRACK CLUB MinutesJanuary 8, 2003 Business Meeting Hosted by Jerry & Linda Ongley
Board/GWTC Members present: Lisa Unger, David Yon, Bob Prentiss, Jerry & Linda Ongley, Jane Johnson, Mike Sims, Charlie Yates, Tom Perkins, Joe Dexter, Paul Ahnberg, Gary & Peg Griffin
Jane Johnson called the meeting to order at 7:45 pm and quorum was established. The December minutes were not read, but are available on the Web page for review. Changes or acceptance are to be made via e-mail. The schedule for the 2003 meetings was discussed and a sign up sheet was circulated.
· Gary & Peg Griffin distributed the Marathon budget. Gary advised that LSCO would be paid half of what they received last year due to fewer intersections in this year’s new course. Gary has made arrangements with Relay for Life and Lamar advertisement to have 20 billboards promoting the Relay. One of the billboards will promote the Marathon. The only cost is for materials and Gary requested GWTC pay $600.00 for this expense. Peg & Gary discussed the sale of Mile Markers again this year. Many have already been sold.
· Jane distributed copies of press releases about the RRCA. Insurance for GWTC is still an issue and it is expected that the premium through the RRCA will double. A motion was made to postpone the donation to the RRCA that was previously approved, but to pay the annual dues. The motion was seconded and accepted by vote.
· Jane re-opened discussion about Grand Prix race requirements. A motion was made requiring Grand Prix races that are not GWTC races to show proof of insurance. They would also be required to include a waiver consistent with GWTC’s that waives GWTC of responsibility. GWTC should be named as an insured. The motion was seconded and accepted by vote to become policy # 03-1. Additional polices may be adopted.
· Clothing Coordinator report – No report
· Social Coordinator report – Discussion was held about the Yee Haw Holiday party. All agreed it was a great party, but the board would like to have a 2003 date reserved at the American Legion Hall. It was decided that the reservation could always be cancelled.
· Team Racing report – Lisa reiterated Tim’s proposed 2003 budget for consideration in the General Operating budget. It includes a second windfeather. Lisa advised the board that Tim has decided not to send a team to the Blue Angels Marathon due to problems encountered last year. Also, Tim has already started working with Shannon on a new racing singlet order.
· Equipment report – Joe reported that 4 regulation size signs and mile markers should be ready for the next GWTC event (Run for the Cookies). David added that Jo Lena Pace has purchased a printer to be used with the Time Machine. A motion was made to reimburse Jo Lena for her out of pocket expense. The motion was seconded and accepted by vote.
· Treasurer’s report – Bob Prentiss presented and discussed the Financial Report and the Budget Report. Bob discussed the difficulties in accounting for multiple year memberships and also the need for multiple checking accounts. Jane suggested the board discuss these issues further at a board retreat that she offered to host at her home.
· Chenoweth report -David reported that there will be a newspaper insert similar to the one made for Turkey Trot to advertise the Seminole Track Invitational. It should be in the Democrat the Sunday after Springtime and will be 8 pages. David also discussed a suggestion to add a space on the membership application for members to order Running Diaries when they renew their memberships. David advised that a request for funding has been made but has not yet been discussed by the committee. Gary Droze would like to take Ryan Deak to Houston for the US Cross-Country meet. The board agreed to grant the request and to include additional funding for travel expenses if it is not requested.
· Race Director Coordinator report – Charlie handed out copies of the 2003 race calendar.
· Triathlete report – The board discussed and decided to invite Tony Guillen to attend meetings as the official Triathlete representative.
· Membership report – no report; Lecture Series – No report; Newsletter report- No report;
Joe Dexter presented the Flash budget. A motion was made to accept the budget. It was seconded and accepted by vote.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 9:20 pm.
The next meeting will be held on February 12, 2003.
Lisa Unger, Secretary
These minutes have been reviewed and accepted by the board.