SMIRF (Summer Mornings Include Running Fun) North Cross Country Program
Running Group Name: SMIRF (Summer Mornings Include Running Fun) North Cross Country Program
- Organizer or main contact: Lucas Williams (City of Tallahassee Parks & Rec), 891‐3825;: Lucas.Williams@talgov.com; Laura McDermott (GWTC),McDermottL779@icloud.com; David Yon (GWTC), – firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-425-6671
- Main purpose or goal: The purpose of this program, sponsored by the City of Tallahassee Parks and Recreation Department in cooperation with Gulf Winds Track Club, is to provide runners aged 9 and up (emphasis on middle school/prep distance runners) with an off-season summer time venue to gain introduction to the sport of distance running as well as to offer a setting for those competitive runners to perfect their running skills and endurance.
- When and Where: Elinor-Klapp Phipps Park and Tom Brown Park, starts June 3, 2019
- Number of participants: 15-30 runers of varying skill level per day
- Additional Information and Registration – RunSignup
- Running Group Name: GWTC Summer of Speed Sunday Intervals
- Organizer or main contact: Thomas Biance and Paul Guyas
- How to contact: email: Thomas Biance or Paul Guyas
- Main purpose or goal: This is a training group to help get you ready for 5ks and peaking towards the Breakfast on the Track mile.
- Typical work out: The workouts will vary each week. We will have a clock out there to help tracking paces and rest periods for the intervals. Please be ready and warmed up before we start running at 8:00 a.m..
- Mile Warm Up Routine
- When and Where: Summer 2019
- Additional information: There is no charge to participate but we do ask that you consider GWTC if you are not already a member. However, an RunSignUp waiver needs to be completed in order to participate. The weekly events will be published in the GWTC Facebook Training Group page.