Ricardo Estremera Earns the Bonus
Lake Jillian on Old Centerville Road
The Woodstorks Plot How to Win the 30K
No worries they are they are in our line of sight (Photo by Fred Deckert).
Yes, It is a Youth Movement
Battles at the ARP - From Herb Wills
GWTC is about friends, family and good health!
On the Run - The Gadsden Correctional Facility Running Club Takes Off
- 2020 Extreme Challenge
- GWTC365 – Exclusively for GWTC members – save on GWTC entry fees for one year
- FSU Cross Country Invite
- Turkey Trot Training Group Started October 3
- Turkey Trot Striders Training Group – Tuesdays at 5:30 @ Maclay Track & Thursdays at 5:45 at Forest Meadows
- Beginning Running Group Starts September 25
- Grand Prix Standings through Pine Run 20K
- GWTC 10K Series Schedule and Standings – 2019
- Grand Prix Race Schedule – 2020
- Turkey Trot – November 28
- Turkey Trot Team Entry Form
- Deadline for Annual Awards Nomination , December 1 – Nomination Form
- GWTC 5 & 10 Mile Challenge December 7
- GWTC Annual Meeting, Growler Country, December 8, 5:30 p.m.
- Save the Date – Holiday Party at Shiloh Farms December 14. Details TBA
- Save the Date – Annual Awards Ceremony, Goodwood Museum, January 12
- Runners Battle for State titles at the ARP
- Masters Runners Duane Evans and Loranne Ausley Give Lessons at Race for Pace
- Allen and Centner Top Sickle Cell Crowd (Herb)
- Tallahassee’s top 5K road times in 2019 (through August 23) (Herb)
- Pierre Pean and Ann Centner lead the mob at the Madness (Herb)
- Adam Wallenfelsz and Ann Centner start the day with Breakfast on the Track wins (Herb)
- Tristan LaNasa and Vicky Droze win a warm-weather mile at the Tally Mac Road Mile (Herb)
- Micheal Niezgoda and Ann Centner provided the fireworks at the Firecracker 5K (Herb)
- Zach DeVeau and Rachel Durbin stumble but don’t tumble at Red Bug Trail (Herb)
Sweet, juicy victory for Scott Lloyd and Alyssa Terry at the Melon Run (Herb)
- Potluck was good luck for Charlie Johnson and Ann Centner (Herb)
- Myles Gibson and Brittney Barnes win one under the lights at Run 2-1-1
- Mom and Dad Run Away with Marzuq 5K Wins
- The Nesmith Way 5K
- Charlie Johnson and Amanda Sava each collect a second Tails & Trails title
- Nene Fest Gets Herb’s attention
- Tallahassee’s top 10K road times in 2019 (through March 30, 2019)
- Check the Racing News Index for more
- Run the Race 5K & Fun Run
- Race 4 Readiness
- UPLIFT Run for the Children of Hope
- Rex Cleveland Magic! Mile
- Boston GA Mini Marathon
- Marching Chiefs 5K
- Trash Dash 5K
- NJCAA Region 8 XC National Qualifier
- Pine Run 20K
- Dr. Eric Dueno Memorial 10K & 5K
- FSU Family Weekend 5K Fun Run
- Salute to Steve Prefontaine 5K Forest Run
- Live Better 5K Pink Run
- Women’s Distance Festival
- Gadsden Correctional Facility Fall 5K
- More Race Results
- Race Results Search
- And neither would Herb – WDF
- Now you know Fred would not miss the WDF
- Fred was at the Run/Walk for Sickle Cell Anemia, September 14, 2019
- Herb is on the spot for Everhart Middle School Cross Country Invitational (Boys)
- And the Girls
- Fred finds the Race for Trace 5K and One Mile Races (September 7, 2019)
- Fred’s Labor Day Photos – The Bluebird Run for Brookie B, September 2
- See what Herb’s Lens saw at Bluebird
- Bluebird Run Photos from Katie Clark, September 2, 2019
GWTC – What We’re About
Youth Running in the Big Bend
School Running Grant Program
School Running Grant Program
Welcome to Gulf Winds Track Club! Don’t let the name fool you – GWTC is about promoting and supporting running on the track, on the roads and on the trails.
GWTC Volunteer Spotlight
It has been said that in most non-profit organizations 10% of the members do 90% of the work. GWTC, though a not-for-profit entity, has historically been made up of a large number of individuals who have given much back to the club and the sport that has added so much to their lives.
There is simply no disputing that GWTC ceases to exist if its volunteers suddenly disappeared. Fortunately, that is not going to happen. But there is always a need for new volunteers. Yes, it is work, but it is also very rewarding. This feature, Volunteer Spotlight, will tell the volunteer story. Our focus will be on members who volunteer but do not get a lot of recognition. Without these volunteers, things start falling apart very quickly.
Gulf Winds Track Club continues to be volunteer-driven and volunteer-needy.
Sometimes the best surprises just appear in your inbox. Today’s race directors know just how special it is to find an email in their inbox saying “can I help somehow?” That is exactly what happened last November when Burt Melaugh answered a desperate...
These two dynamic women teamed up to put on the Big Bend Cares AIDS 5K in October. While working the finish line, I found out that Krista had spearheaded the run portion of the local Corporate Cup Challenge. The folks who manage that race had asked me to...
Judy Alexander is taking a break from the ‘Spotlight’ this month. In her place, the venerable Gary Droze has whipped up a delightful piece for you to enjoy. This modest GWTC Hall of Famer is a runner, teacher, coach and husband who volunteers thousands of...
This month’s spotlighted volunteer is Mike Boll, who always has a smile on his face and a positive comment to make. Mike is modest about his volunteerism, but make no mistake; he is always there with a helping hand when you need him!I have been a member of...
Brian and I had the pleasure of meeting Elizabeth Stupi at the pre-race pasta dinner the night before the 2010 Tallahassee Marathon (her first!) and she has continued to impress us ever since. Elizabeth showed up early for her 2-hour Springtime packet...
Like Us On Facebook